woensdag 1 mei 2013

LOAD DAY 1: Mrs. White is in the house


Well, I made it and very much on time:-)

Today's prompt was 'Mrs. White is in the house'. Mrs. White is the servant in the mystery game of Clue (Cluedo in most countries). You could interpret it any way you like: leaving lots of white space, doing an all white page etc. etc. Quite a few people went with a snowy christmasy theme. Can you believe that never even entered my mind? After so many months of cold and snow here in The Netherlands I am very much done with snow!

I really triggered on the 'house' bit in the prompt and remembered how, when we moved into our home 5 years ago, we painted over the purple and green walls of our living room with a soft white. It felt so good to paint away the old colours and start fresh. Of course, 5 years on I really want to add some colour to our 'natural' colour scheme of whites, coffee, honey and chocolate but that's a different story.

I was dying to use my new Distress paint dabbers and thought it would be cool to do some painting on the page. Finding some cardstock in exactly the same colours as the ones we painted over was a big bonus. Now all this messy painting isn't really me but I really enjoyed it. I couldn't help myself though when it came to the journalling and printed out the text. Cutting them out in neat little strips and attaching them very carefully:-)

I also went outside my comfort zone with the kind of photos I used. These are, in my view, a bit boring. Ugly even and I prefer to scrap catchy or pretty photos. This challenge is already pushing my boundaries in a good way.

I got my layout done in between daily chores: whenever I got an idea I just went and did it straight away. Find the photos (not so easy, they were in boxes hidden in the back of a closet), pull out some card stock, paint, paint some more, paint with stencil, type out journalling, print, cut, stamp title and then added some embellishments as it was feeling a bit flat:-) Because I was on a deadline most of my perfectionism got pushed to the side: no time for better ideas, just keep going!

I'd love to hear what you think and what you would have done with this prompt. Thanks for stopping by!

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Superleuk gedaan Sonja, en ja heerlijk fris wit, dat geeft zoveel licht in je huis. Succes met je opdrachten.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dank je Marjolijn, de kop is eraf (om maar even in het Moordthema te blijven;-)

      Verwijderen
  2. Mooie LO, leuke interpretatie van het thema.
    Groetjes van Mireille

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. mooie lo, leuke interpretatie van de opdracht!
    Groetjes van Mireille.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen